Thanks to the all the great patrons for the Fate Codex Patreon campaign, we released the first issue of The Fate Codex yesterday. I was hoping that we would release at least a six to seven page PDF when I launched this campaign… and we ended up with a fifty page PDF thanks to the support of our backers!
The Fate Codex is a mostly-monthly e-zine featuring Quick Start Adventures and more for the Fate roleplaying system. The project, funded through Patreon, grows and swells as more patrons support our work. We’ve been lucky to have lots of folks pledge.
We’ve also been lucky enough to feature some really great artists, including our own Marissa Kelly, Tom Miskey, and Juan Ochoa. There’s some great work in this piece and over 10,000 words of awesome Fate content, ready to be thrown into your next game of Fate.
In this first issue, we’ve got:
- Lenny Balsera’s take on Collaborative World Building
- Brian Engard’s new system for handling Ammo in Fate
- Brie Sheldon’s cyberpunk short story, Life Locked
- Mark Diaz Truman’s quick start adventure, Silicon City
Huge thanks to our great production team–John Adamus, Amanda Valentine, Shelley Harlan, and Thomas Deeny–for keeping us on task this month, pushing this thing forward. It’s been a pleasure and an honor to work with them, and I can’t wait to see us do this all again next month!
If you’re interested in picking up a copy of this issue, visit our webstore to grab a standalone copy: The Fate Codex, Volume 1, Issue 1
If you’d like to become a patron of the campaign, you can find us directly on Patreon: http://www.patreon.com/Trumonz
- Denice on Epyllion’s First Playtest
- Neues vom Fate Codex | FATE – Offizielle deutsche Seite für das Rollenspiel FATE on The Fate Codex – Volume 1, Issue 1
- Patron Spotlight Part 3 – Magpie Games and Play Attention Games - This Just In... from Gen Con on The Play’s The Thing
- Magpie Games Publishes ‘We are Dust’ | Indie Game Developer Network on Our Last Best Hope
- Tim Snider on OLBH Downloads
Magpie TagsBy No Means Vulgar character creation classroom contest submissions conventions DriveThru RPG Dungeon World early rpg drafts educational materials Epyllion Eternity Expansion Book fate core Fred Hicks Funding goals game art Game Chef 2011 Game Chef 2012 game design Games on Demand GenCon gods houses of the blooded IGDN Kickstarter Magpie Store Our Last Best Hope Panels Pete Figtree pictures of actual play playtests production notes Proof reviews RinCon Shakespeare short story collection sneak peak stickers teacher's guides teachers The Play's The Thing The Vast Timeworks We are Dust