“The day has come,” he says, taking your hand in his. His fingers are gnarled. Strange to the touch, like wood or scaled flesh. But his smile looks so warm behind his azure bristles. So you take his hand, and let him lead you on. Into his manor.
The Kickstarter for this investigative horror game by Whitney Beltrán, Marissa Kelly, and Sarah Richardson is live and running right now! In this game you and your friends explore Bluebeard’s home as the Bride, creating your own beautifully tragic version of the dark fairy tale. Investigate rooms, discover the truth of what happened, experience the nightmarish phantasmagoria of this broken place, and decide whether or not you are a faithful or disloyal bride.
The game is based on the same Powered by the Apocalypse system as Urban Shadows, Epyllion, and Masks, but takes it in new and interesting directions.
Bluebeard’s Bride is a mature game with mature themes, intended for adult audiences. You can find out more information about the game at the Kickstarter page, and we talked a bit about the process of making the game here.
You can also find more media about Bluebeard’s Bride here:
Podcasts: Actual Play and Talks
- Sarah talks Bluebeard’s Bride on Misdirected Mark – Bluebeard at 13:38 (August 2016)
- Sarah runs the game for One Shot Podcast (February 2016) Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
- Sarah runs the game for The Jank Cast crew (February 2016) Part 1, Part 2
- Marissa talks Bluebeard’s Bride on the Shrieker Podcast (January 2016)
Video: Actual Play
- Sarah runs the game for the 2016 Big Bad Con Kickstarter:
- Whitney, Marissa, & Sarah chat about Bluebeard’s Bride and Noir on Last Chance Noir
- Whitney and Bluebeard’s Bride on RPGGeek
We are so proud of this game and all the hard work that Whitney, Marissa, and Sarah have poured into it. Go check it out today!