Long ago, the people of central Mexico faced a terrifying enemy, a spirit that birthed monsters. When they destroyed the spirit, it cursed them to be more than mortal: part human and part wolf. Their children inherited the curse, and the responsibility to protect the mortal world from the spirits that would threaten it.
When the Spanish arrived in 1519, they brought with them Los Malditos, demonic entities of pain and suffering that found the pieces of the spirit the wolves had killed. They called the spirit La Madre, and they started putting her pieces back together… and hunting the children of the wolves who had almost destroyed her.
Nearly 500 years later, you are Los Cazados (The Hunted). Your family has fought La Madre and Los Malditos for centuries, always on the brink of extinction. Yet you konw that you are the last and only line of defense against those who would see the mortal world overwhelmed by La Madre’s monstrous desires…
Los Cazados is a 5 page, stand alone minigame set in the world of Urban Shadows, an urban fantasy tabletop roleplaying game in which mortals and monsters vie for control of a modern-day city. In Los Cazados, you play werewolves who hide among the mortal populace, trying to keep an ancient enemy from rising up and destroying the border between this world and a realm of spirits and monsters.
- A completely new set of basic moves that focus the action of the game on the war against La Madre and the stress/trauma that Los Cazados incur fighting that war
- Instructions for creating your werewolves, including systems for rank within your pack and the mortal obligations that keep you hidden from the prying eyes of Los Malditos
- New systems for territory and pack hunting that make your pack a dangerous force in the city, no matter what prey you decide to chase down as a pack
- A new system for werewolf rituals that Los Cazados use to fight La Madre, tapping into the power of The Wild: the realm of spirits beyond the mortal world
- Detailed instructions for running a campaign using Los Cazados for the Maestro de Ceremonias, the player who portrays Los Malditos, La Madre, and other threats
Los Cazados makes use of the same rules-light engine as Apocalypse World, Monsterhearts, and Urban Shadows to create a game of urban politics and supernatural drama. Packed with mechanics that create hard choices and meaningful fiction, Los Cazados zooms in on the tortured lives of Los Cazados, a group of people caught between two worlds, fighting a secret battle on behalf of mortals who often fear and hate them.